Sunday 15 May 2011

Side tracked during April!

Journal Cover
 This looks much shinier than it does in real life. Inked and then crumpled tissue paper stuck to a backing and then appliqued and embellished.
 I used Liberon gilding medium to 'rub' the paper, creating a subtle burnishing on the crinkly ridges.


Art Doll
I saw similar dolls in Covent Garden Craft Market and thought I'd have a go! I found a downloadable pattern on the net and this was my first attempt. Especially liked the patterned
'tights' which I cut from a scrap of Liberty lawn.
Woodland Fairies









These stand about 4inches high and are made from a pipe cleaner armature and a wooden
bead. Theyre dressed with felt and silk petals.
Finding the acorn cup and seed pod headgear was the hardest part and involved serious hedgerow foraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment